Kith Elder Care, LLC (KEC) is a fast-growing care management practice that provides concierge care and help to seniors and their families in Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Our mission is to support our clients by completing a comprehensive assessment of their situation, typically accompanied by a written report that includes recommendations and vetted resources. In addition, we provide ongoing care management, which often requires home visits, escorts to medical appointments, advocacy, and communication with other health care professionals.
Care Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Conducting comprehensive holistic assessments which address an individual’s cognition; physical functioning; mental health; living environment; support system; legal documents; insurance; nutrition; and finances
- Provide clients and their caregivers with a written plan of care and ongoing communication of needs via email, phone and in person meetings
- Maintain case management notes in iHealth client database
- Track billable and non-billable hours in iHealth and provide monthly invoices to KEC owner
- Participate in weekly (held Monday at 9AM) client review calls with the KEC team
- Collaborate with other KEC team members in coordination of client care
- When required, arrange and assist in client relocation
- Maintain a strong knowledge of area resources and care providers
- Develop an understanding of State and Federal benefit programs (Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, assisted living and affordable housing)
- Accompany clients to physician and other appointments as needed
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients’ families, care providers and other members of the care team
- Participate in professional networking and community activities as requested
- Visit area senior retirement communities, nursing facilities, and other senior services to develop a strong knowledge of available resources and housing options
- Strive to achieve targeted monthly billable hour goals
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Social Work or a related human service profession and professional experience in working with the elderly and disabled
- Active professional license
- Liability insurance coverage
- Must meet all health requirements and pass background checks
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- An ability to self-manage client caseloads and job responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and operable vehicle. Care Manager must maintain minimum automobile insurance as required by law
- Computer skills
- Ability to record and bill for time spent on client care needs
- Ability to be flexible, work with a variety of personalities and think strategically. This job requires the individual to handle complex situations using sound judgment relating to plans of care and recommendations
- Adherence to all HIPAA regulations and associated professional code of ethics.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients and their relations
- Willingness to collaborate on cases with multidisciplinary care team
- A comfort level with public speaking and ability to network among industry peers
- Ability to be flexible and to take initiative
Care Manager must be able to drive and be willing to travel in geographic areas covered by Kith Elder Care.
The care manager role is a hybrid of working from home and visiting clients/healthcare professionals at their places of residence/work. The care manager should be reachable by phone and/or email during regular work hours of Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Client referral bonus
- Business phone
If interested in joining our KithCare team, please submit the following form along with a copy of your resume. We will contact you as soon as we can.